Monday, November 9, 2015

Chevrons in fashion


I've written in the past about trends in fabric production.  For several years I've been frustrated because I want to work in stripes and they're out of fashion; polka dots have been all the rage at the fabric store.

Now I want to report that the latest trend seems to be chevrons.  Here's what I've seen at the fabric store recently.


I find it interesting that the chevrons are available in a variety of sizes and shapes.  Stripes seem to be coming back too, but in my local fabric store it's all 1/4" color-and-white.  That means the powers that be aren't all that committed to stripes.

So if chevrons are something you might like to use, go out and buy every one you see.  Who knows how long they will be in the stores!

And yes, orange seems to be in too.  Grab it while it's there.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with every word you say about buying when something is in fashion. About 20 years ago I searched high and low for the black and white stripes I wanted. Around 10 years ago I found the perfect stripe and bought all I could get, then I sent to USA (I live in northern ireland) for it and then my sources there dried up. I had to buy in small quantities to avoid high customs charges. Four years ago I was at the Festival of Quilts and lo a man had end rolls and there was one I was after. I bought it all. I will be buying some chevrons.

    ReplyDelete